Job Reference: KT22
Job Title: Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant
Company/Organization: SENCare Recruitment.
Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant Job Description:
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will work closely with the SENCo (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) and teachers to support students with special educational needs in a mainstream classroom environment. This role involves providing assistance, guidance, and personalized support to students to help them access the curriculum and reach their full potential.
Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Support students with special educational needs in a classroom setting, adapting teaching methods as required to meet individual learning needs.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and contribute to the overall planning and review process.
- Work collaboratively with teachers, SENCo, and other professionals to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students, offering encouragement, reinforcement, and guidance as needed.
- Monitor and record student progress, keeping accurate and updated records for evaluation and reporting purposes.
- Foster a nurturing and supportive atmosphere that promotes independence, confidence, and self-esteem in students with special educational needs.
Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Experience working in an educational setting, preferably with individuals with special educational needs.
- Relevant qualifications in special education, teaching assistance, or a related field would be advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with students, teachers, and parents.
- Patience, empathy, and a proactive attitude towards supporting diverse learning needs.
- Understanding of different learning styles and ability to adapt teaching methods accordingly.
- The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.